Everyone has a bag of frozen peas just waiting for the day they are taken out of the freezer, right?
This quick recipe can be thrown together when you haven’t been to the shops and still want to serve something yummy for lunch. Also works well as an afternoon snack too! With just a little bit of prep and a short cooking time – these are a winner in our household! Great for little fingers to eat independently too – and the kids will get a kick out of them being so green!
You can modify this recipes and include grated zucchini, carrot or even corn. We also have enjoyed them with mint rather than parsley or with a lot of finely chopped garlic included!
Makes approx 10 patties
400g Frozen Peas
1 1/4 cups self raising flour
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
100g Danish Feta Cheese
Salt and Pepper
1. Cook Peas on a rolling boil & then drain
2. Put half the peas into a food processor with the eggs and flour and combine.
3. Add remaining ingredients and pulse gently until combined.
4. Form into patties with your hands.
5. Add patties to a frying pan over medium/high heat and fry for a couple of minutes on each side.
We enjoy these with salad and a yoghurt dressing or dipping sauce! YUM!!